In this time and age, it is essential that your business has a website. A web page is a powerful tool to inform people of your business or to sell your products. In setting up a web page, it is required that you have a server also known as web hosting to make the website available online.
There are three types of web hosting: Virtual Private Servers (VPS), shared hosting and dedicated hosting. In this post, we elaborate why a VPS hosting is the best choice for businesses by listing down some of its benefits.
- It is cost-effective. VPS may not be the cheapest option, but it offers satisfactory service at a minimum price. Among all the types of web hosting, dedicated hosting is the most expensive of all because it provides significant amounts of disk space and bandwidth. The only con is that dedicated hosting can be very costly. With VPS, you can get the same benefits as dedicated hosting at a lower cost. There are VPS providers that offer huge disk space and uptime guarantee.
- It offers high-security level. Shared hosting is cheap because it cannot provide guaranteed levels of server resources. With VPS hosting, you have a dedicated 24/7 customer support.
- You have the control over your hosting. One of the perks of VPS is being able to install a broad range of server software. The top providers offer full root access as one of their key features.
- It has a fast setup time. Managing your website using VPS hosting is no rocket science. Most VPS hosting providers these days offer easy-to-use control panels and fast, scalable resources.
- It has a faster website loading speed. Compared to shared hosting, VPS can cope up with increased traffic. You need an excellent hosting speed and uptime to avoid visitors from leaving your website.
In choosing a VPS hosting provider, always check for the company’s reliability, security, speed, and support. Look for a provider that has zero downtime even when you decide to upgrade.